Sunday, August 16, 2009

Snack Attack! (prt 1)

Its time for a brand new addition to the blog called "Snack Attack" Basically I try new snacks and post my impressions of them here. There are a lot of treats here in Japan that you wont find in the states and perhaps anywhere else. So lets indulge shall we?

Each item is rated with "*"
Five of them is the highest.

(Mentos: with cream) ***/*****

Mentos in themselves are nothing new for those living in the states. We have flavors like grape, original, mint, and assorted flavor, but I don`t recall ever saying w/cream. So it taste kinda like an original mento but as the package implies there is a cream taste to it. I can`t quite place my finger on the type of cream and that makes for an initially bit odd taste but its not bad and you can get 2 for 100yen (93cents).


(Ichigo Caramels) ****/*****

The ichigo means "strawberry". These are strawberry flavored caramels and if you like caramels as my mom does you will probably enjoy these unless you hate all things artificially strawberry. Its got the consistency of caramel and flavor of strawberry, and I say its quite delicious.

(Coconut Sable Cookies) *****/*****

I`ve already been through about 4 packs of these. They are priced at 100yen at your local 100yen shop and they are quite tasty. Its a cookie with a light coconut frosting on the outside. It is sweet but its Japanese sweet which means its constrained just enough so that you enjoy it and you wont get diabetes eating 4 packs in 2 weeks.

(Grape jelly drink) **/*****

This is probably the strangest of the lot. It`s a drink kinda, but its mostly grape jello. I thought I was gonna be splashed with liquidity grape goodness and I found myself squeezing the can trying to get jello out of its small opening. Its tasty enough but not something I have to have again.

No comments:

Post a Comment