Wednesday, August 12, 2009

One looong day



I finally got to see a familiar face. My friend Aco who I first met at school in San Francisco. She later visited me about a year ago in St.Louis and now we are hanging out in her town of Tokyo. We went to Odaiba which is a small island connected to Tokyo by monorail and is basically a place for entertainment. They got game centers, rides, movie theatre, famous Fuji TV television station and more.
They also have this awesome life size Gundam robot based from a popular Japanese

cartoon. It even lights up, moves its head and blows smoke. Awesome. I found G.I Joe in the theatre finally. It was pretty much what I expected, tons of action and little everything else, but it was at least better than Transformers 2. It was good hanging out with Aco again. She speaks English but doesn`t seem to want to use it much so literally about 85% of our conversations are in Japanese which is hard for me at times to know what she is talking about but its great practice for me especially in a place where many others are really wanting to practice their English and thus never speak Japanese to me.

After our adventures in Odaiba we went to Roppongi which is famous for its night scene. We decided we were gonna miss the last train at 1230am which means you have to hang out until the trains start back up at 5am so we went to some club/bar place. Anyone who knows me knows I`m not really a clubber.They had much better club places but I wasn`t prepared to spend the money not knowing beforehand we were gonna end up here. We ended up going to a few places looking for free entry spots. We found a few but they want you to buy drinks. I don`t drink and I found it hard to bring myself to spending 800yen on a coke. It was also Tuesday which probably isn`t the number one day for people to go out dancing so in the end we didn`t really do all that much. What I did do was stay up until about 630am when I was able to get home and sleep and so I woke at 3pm same day later and did absolutely nothing for west of the day. I also spent more money than usual so I will hibernate for the next 2 or 3 days.


In other news Japan had a big earthquake lately. It woke me up at about 2am. It was the second this week and the biggest of the two.It was actually a little scary. I`ve lived in San Francisco but I have never felt one that big. As small as my room is I kinda felt like it might be my coffin, haha. Apparently the huge one is over due and I am looking for a job here.....figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment