Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wait...I`m here!!


Okay first I apologize for it has been about a week since I have landed in Japan and I have not updated this blog. Is it because I have been busy roaming these foreign lands and finding myself in hair raising adventures?? Slightly.

So the plane ride was as I expected WAY TOO LONG. The first day was mostly spent in the airport as I was able to meet Kangmul before you went to Korea. It was sad to say goodbye. Miss her. Afterwards I spent about 2 hours looking for a guest house that was only about 2 minutes away from the station that I got off at. A well hidden 2 minutes mind you. No one seemed to know where it was at and I was being sent back and forth but finally a non busy call to the guest house got me a guide. So lets start with the guest house. As I am trying to find a job here and I am not rich I am careful with the money I do have. Finding a cheap place to sleep was a requirement and I accomplished this feat in Mikado House located near Nishi Nippori station for 28000 yen, which is about $290 or so state dollars. This is an incredible price for Tokyo but let it be known, you always get what you pay for.

For starters and most importantly, my room is quite small. It contains a loft bed and underneath the bed is practically all the living space there is which includes a desk. I can only stand when my back is completely against the wall and I have about 3 to 4 feet of moving space in which I take full advantage of in my roller chair. The room isn`t for those looking for some kind of comfort. Its small, the bed is hard, and I have no air vent. What it does provide is a place for me to sleep and it is private. Given that I have slept in a bathroom before, I learn to make due. It is actually becoming a bit homely as I have set up my little pics and knick knacks. (I`ll try and get some pics up soon.)

As far as the rest of the house goes, its a mix bag. Nice size kitchen, but you have to go through it to get to shower. There is a public computer but it can be soooo friggin slow. Theres a tv but the image is kinda blurry. It`s kinda like the house poverty built after he got a little money. Unfortunately for me while I am here the other guests don`t seem to like to come out of their rooms and socialize and so I don`t have anyone to talk to when I am at home. I bide most of my time on the computer, studying, and my faithful DS.

The first day was pretty hard on me, I felt really lonely and actually a bit annoyed that I was here but it has worn off since. I went to the old church that I used to visit before in Shibuya and met some of my old acquaintances as well got a good worship session in. Last Monday I went to an English Cafe. Basically people who want to speak to native English speakers gather and they all talk. It was nice and I met some new people. Me and a few of those people went to Karaoke later that night which was my first time, and it was really fun. Japan really takes their Karaoke seriously and everything is really high tech. It was a really good time, made even better with some good people.

I had my first interview today actually. It is with a school called WinBe. I felt the interview was decent, nothing terrible and nothing to write home about, though I guess I am in a way writing home about it now. =) So far its my only interview but I have only been here a week so I am praying something else will show itself. I should hear back from WinBe in about a week.

All in all Tokyo is how I remembered it. Humid, crowded, exciting, strange, and on the other side of the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment