Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Budgeting


So I have less than a month until my proposed plan to leave for Japan on July 28th. As of now I am still working out the monies which is the biggest issue. I have yet to buy a plane ticket or reserved a room in a guest house but here's hoping all that will begin to fall into place, especially since I found at ticket yesterday for $695!!!.. $695!!! I spent $1200 on a ticket for my last trip to Japan only 24 days earlier and from a closer location. I desperately need this new and improved $695 ticket. It would make the 14+ hour flight that much more enjoyable. Anyway, I have decided to post a general budget that i have made for my stay in good ole Nippon. Perhaps this will help any future English Teaching seekers.

Of course all of the included costs are subjected to change a bit, but I am not banking on too much.

Airline Ticket: $695
( I recently saw United Airlines offering this sweet deal with just one stop in Chicago.)

Housing: $280/month, $100/deposit/1st month
(This is the cheapest deal I found in a place in Tokyo called Yotsugi Club. The size is like 3.0 tatami mat which is pretty small, but I just need a place to sleep for awhile until I can move on up like George and Weezy.)

Transportation: $192.00/month
(Now that I look at this it seems a bit expensive, though Tokyo transportation can add up. I was figuring $48/week. One day a week I'll just have to stay in and enjoy my closet size room.)

Food: $280/month (Japan like almost any other country on the planet has a McDonalds with a $1 menu. Other than that its nothing but Gyuudon and Curry at Yoshinoya for me. I could probably save a lil more with grocery shopping.)

I plan to purchase a plane ticket with a return trip set for about 2 months later so with the exception of the plane ticket I have to add these costs twice. If I get a job, I'll need to survive another month or so before I get paid.

2 months= $2319.00
If I get a job I'm gonna have to eat a little less to last that 3rd month before getting paid. Either way I am not quite at the point I need to be right now before leaving.

Frankly I am gonna need a miracle to pull this off, but luckily God is in the business of miracles, so we will just have to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment