Monday, June 15, 2009

Sometimes you gotta go back to move forward





I graduated from College on May 16th...on June 4th I was sent an email saying that I needed one more class in order to receive my degree. Cue sigh. "SIGH"
Apparently going to my counselor over and over to make sure I had all the classes I needed doesn't really work. It's also possible for a counselor to tell you that a class you are taking/paying for will be suffice and then turns out that isn't true. "SIGH" So anyways with 4 days until a class that I could use started I had to go and sign up back at the local community college for one more last hurrah.

I chose the community college because the tuition was much cheaper and sadly I didn't have enough warning to reapply for financial aid and so I needed to pay out of pocket. I am now back at a school I attended over 5 years ago. I also didn't have a lot of options for classes and thus was forced to take a Biology Human Sexuality class...which I hate. Feels more like an American Pie sex class..not my type of thing. The worst two things about this situation include:

1. Less money that I need for upcoming journey. (Had to pay the tuition myself)
2. Receiving my diploma later. (I need this diploma to get a job abroad.)

The bright side, as most of my bright sides are is that I am just gonna trust that God is gonna somehow make this work. He's done some crazy awesome things for me in the past so I am a bit excited to see whats next. The class ends mid-July which is before I planned on leaving so hopefully my plans don't get too derailed. Recently I applied for a few jobs from abroad. Would be great if I could nail the job down before getting there but I'll go regardless. Korea also comes to mind.

Now I just gotta get through a mind numbing 3 1/2 hour lame class for the next 5 weeks. "SIGH"



"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths" (Proverbs 3:5,6)



1 comment:

  1. Hi, Chrisitan. How's your last hurrah going? Hope it's not too bad. Try to think positive. God will help you! -Heejin

    ReplyDelete