Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My new movie ゆりと蛍 (Yuri And The Fireflies)

If you've been keeping up with my blog you may know that I enjoy making films and even studied it in college. If not here are some of my films here,here and here. In total there were four films that I shot while in Art school but one of them while was completely filmed has not been finished yet. Due to the need for a lot of post production including special effects and life takingme on some interesting roads this last film was never completed. We'll I have decided to finally get it done.

The film is a Japanese movie titled "ゆりと蛍" (Yuri to Hotaru) which translates to "Yuri And The Fireflies" The cast is all Japanese and the movie is spoken in Japanese with English subtitles. Yuri And The Fireflies is the story of a young woman who escapes from a miserable life and abusive relationship using a mysterious book given to her as a child by her mother.

I'm happy to be working on the movie again as just from the footage shot alone I think it will turn out being my best yet. I'm not certain exactly when it will be finished but should be the first half of 2012 if everything stays on schedule. Below are two posters for the film.










1 comment:

  1. たのしみ! Let me know if you need any help on it.

    ReplyDelete