Monday, April 8, 2013

New beginnings


There have been some big changes recently. A new school year is about to begin and I've moved to a new city. I'm now living in a small city called Anjo which is in Aichi prefecture about 25 minutes by the rapid train from Nagoya and about 45 minutes away from where I was living before in Gifu.  I know I've said this a few times before with no avail but I'm really planning to put more focus into this blog. To be honest the last 2 years for me were a bit tough and I just didn't have any motivation for blogging. If I was to blog most of it would have been complaints about my horrible Jr.High School I was teaching in. That added with a city that just didn't offer a lot made for me not being able to muster up anything interesting enough to blog about.

Besides moving, I will now be teaching at Elementary Schools instead of Jr.High which I prefer much more. Also I'm no longer in a relationship so moment of silence for that. (.......) I'm still not in a city as big as I would like but there already seems to be more options for events and meeting people. It also sits in between the cities Kariya and Okazaki which have a bigger focus on international communities more than Gifu ever had. Okazaki also reminds me of my favorite city I've lived in, Okayama. Hopefully work will be much more enjoyable from now as well. I've only been here a week exactly and I've been putting that time to finding events where I can make friends, signing up for Japanese classes and looking for a new church. This is my fourth city to live in since moving here in Dec 2009. I usually had to do a complete restart with friends and everything but now since I'm only about 45 min from the last city I lived in, it's not that difficult to see my friends I made there as well as in Nagoya though I hope I can also make my own life here in Anjo.

Will my experience here rival that of Okayama? Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment