Tuesday, December 7, 2010

12-11-10.....987654321 (One Year Anniversary!)

Here are a few big events in history that happened on December 11th.

Germany
1941 World War II War Declared ON America

December 11th, 1941 : Hitler and Mussolini announce they are at war with America who retaliates with its own declaration of war .

1950 Korea US Troops

December 11th, 1950 : Exhausted and frozen U.S. troops with shot up vehicles landed on the Hamhung shore in North Korea. The 20,000 American soldiers were engaged in a fifty mile long battle with Chinese communists.

Rhodesia / Zimbabwe
1979 Rhodesia Britain Gets Back Control

December 11th, 1979 : The Rhodesian Parliament hands power back to Britain until democratic elections can take place. The country will be renamed Zimbabwe after the elections.


And of course

Canada
1913 Canada To Much Cheese

December 11th, 1913 : In Moose Jaw W.S. Fiddler, who was moving some theatre equipment, died as a result of his excessive overindulgence in cheese. He fell down dead in from of the Majestic Theatre at the age of 50. Doctors claimed that acute indigestion from eating excessive amounts of cheese led to heart failure.

Well now you may add one more to your list of importance to forgettable.

Japan
2010 1 Year Anniversary

Christian Washington celebrates his 1 year anniversary of being in Japan. The rest of the world calls it Saturday.

That's right it has now officially been 1 year since I arrived sleepy and optimistic in Japan. 1 year later I'm still sleepy and still optimistic. Within this year I've met many new friends, worked with two different companies and hopefully improved my Japanese. It hasn't always been easy or fun, but it has always been blessed. I've gotten to travel around many places in Japan and experience a culture deeper than anytime before. I even got a chance to visit friends in Korea. I look forward to the next year and pray that God will keep me in his graces while guiding my steps. Cheers to another year!!

Lets take a look back shall we. Lets look at a year worth of pictures as I attempt to condense it into about a decent weeks worth. I present you my memories and what I will remember the most, the people.
Its best if you listen to "Through The Years" By: Kenny Rogers while viewing these photos.
Here you go <-----



































No comments:

Post a Comment