Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Golden Week 2013

Another year another Golden Week vacation. This year I spent the first 2 days near home checking out a dance festival at the Nagoya Port and spent the last 2 days in Osaka with one of my favorite people my friend who I met when I lived in Okayama who I haven't seen in 2 years. I've been to Osaka lots of times but hanging out with a good friend there made it totally worth the trip.

Nagoya Yosakoi Yume Festival
Many different dance groups gathered to perform in the streets parade style. Both the young and old took part.



View of the Nagoya Port.


Osaka
Osaka is a great city and the people easily some of the friendliest in all of Japan.



Dontonbori. One of the busiest areas in Osaka.

Boat rides in Dontonbori. 700yen for adults.

Cool setup for musical performances in Amemura" American Village."

Osaka Castle. Great day.

Kushiage. Various fried foods and sauce to dip them in. It's so good. Totally recommend it.

Shinseki area. Great Kushiage restaurants.


Ramen from the shop KAMUKURA which is quite famous.

The famous Glico man.

No comments:

Post a Comment