Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Children Summer Festival

I helped with Gifu Chapel, the church I attend annual Children's Summer Festival this past month. It was the first one for me. It's starting to be a summer thing for me to help with some church children event which is fine with me as I love both church and children.
I was surprised at how professional it all looked. Lots of decorations along with games and food for the dozens of kids that came. There was also time for sharing about Jesus and singing some worship songs before starting activities.
 
Learning more about our awesome God.
Try and catch as many super balls as you can using a rice paper net catcher. A very popular game at Japanese festivals often played by catching real gold fish.
Shooting gallery.

Dance game.
Sensei teaching how to make special multicolored Christian bracelets.

Wearing my Yukata with the kids.
It was a really blessed time for me. I loved seeing all the children have a great time in the name of the Lord. Praying for more opportunities to serve in these kind of ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment