Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thankful

So I've returned from my trip to South Korea (It was awesome) and I'm back in Japan. Here in Okayama life continues on as normal despite the country being hit by a massive earthquake and tsunami a couple of weeks ago and despite the lingering fear of radiation. As far as worrying about the air I am quite far from ground zero and don't think it will be a problem though it is a bit worrisome thinking about the possibilities of radiation being in the food that is shipped all around Japan including my city. Regardless I have a lot of other things to be focusing on these days besides fear, such as my moving to a new city this weekend and the start of training for my new job.

I was checking out the news online on the state of Japan and I saw some articles about some American English Teachers who's bodies have been found and it really  made me think how bless I am. As an English Teacher I could end up teaching virtually anywhere in Japan, it's just the nature of the job and so I could have just as easily been teaching in one of the hard hit places in Japan and not be here today but instead I was safe and even able to leave for a short time after the disaster to spend some time in Korea. So let me just say I am thankful to the Lord for giving me more time on this earth and may I use it well and to his glory. I'm also thankful for the new job.

My heart goes out to the families and friends all over the world who have lost loved ones to the disaster in Japan. God Bless you all. Keep the hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment