Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Beginning a new life


It has been nearly one month since I returned to Japan, this time settling down in Tokushima City located in the Tokushima prefecture on the island of Shikoku about 2 1/2 hours south of Japans second biggest city Osaka. It has been quite an adventure getting here in which you can chronicle in my previous posts. Thanks to God it has been a relatively easy adventure that pretty much unfolded as planned. On my way here I was able to stop in Korea for a short time and visit many of my friends and my ex which I really enjoyed. We had such a good time although it was rather short lives. I also was able to return to Tokyo for New Years vacation and there I was able to see many more friends from my University in the states, as well as enjoy a traditional Japanese style of New Years celebration known as "Hatsu Moude".

As far as Tokushima is concern it is beautiful here despite being a bit lonely due to the fact that I have yet to really make any friends. In due time I am sure. Most of the time is spent at work where I have become an English teacher. I am still adjusting but so far it is going relatively well. I teach children from the ages of 2 to 14 years old. It`s pretty much what you would expect from kids. Some of them are just so adorable and I wanna hug them while others are obnoxious and can drive me slightly crazy at times. It is my first time having so much exposure to children and it is tiring, interesting, fun and annoying all in one. Other than that the job seems to be standard fare. The pay is good, and there are some nice benefits. Admittingly the hours are probably the worst part as they take up my entire day. I imagine once I make some friends and find things to do when I am not working life will become much better. In fact I am sure its not too far off. Until then stay tuned, and Welcome To Tokushima!!

1 comment:

  1. yeah!! the blog miestro is back!! this is better than a soap opera!

    ReplyDelete