Monday, June 7, 2010

Okayama (Here I is!)

So I've settled into my new home in Okayama. The first thing I notice immediately is that Okayama City is quite bigger than Tokushima City. Given that I am a fan of city life, this is a big plus for me. In fact its much bigger than I expected and I like the layout. Ive heard Japanese from other parts of Japan aren't so familiar with it, but its already caught my attention and I've frequented Chicago, New York, San Francisco, and Tokyo. Its by no means as any of those places, but it has a nice downtown area.

There are a few things Okayama is famous for, one of its biggest being the great Momotarou the peach boy with an interesting story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momotar%C5%8D
Along with peach boy comes delicious peaches. The city is known for them though I haven't tried any myself yet.

Okayama is also the site for Kōraku-en which is one of the 3 most famous gardens in Japan. They are considered to be quite beautiful, but you will have to wait until I get a chance to visit to see pictures....or you can google them.

Now that I am here the starting over process begins again. I have done this quite a few times so I know the drill. Hopefully soon I will begin to make some good friends.
Keep ya posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment